Friday, 13 February 2009

Preamble to The Tent Dwellers

The Tent Dwellers by Albert Bigelow Payne

Kedge — A Family Connection

Back in the 1960s, our family, the Phinney family on my maternal side, owned a fishing and hunting lodge at Kedge (and Jim Charles Point), now a part of Kejimkujik National Park, located in Nova Scotia, Canada.

Just recently for my birthday, my sons’ girlfriend gave me a reading copy of The Tent Dwellers by Albert Bigelow Paine, written in 1908.

As recent as 2008, there have been reprints of the book and a digital copy is for sale. I plan to add a free edition of this light hearted book.

1 comment:

Anne Yarbrough and Greg Brown said...

Dear Doug, Thank you for posting The Tent Dwellers online. I am loving reading it. cheers, Anne

http://www.novascotiaisland.blogspot.com

Blog Archive

Countries we have visited

About Me

My photo

As an armed forces brat, we lived in Rockcliff (Ottawa), Namao (Edmonton), Southport (Portage La Prairie), Manitoba, and Dad retired to St. Margaret's Bay, NS.
Working with the Federal Govenment for 25 years, Canadian Hydrographic Service, mostly. Now married to Gail Kelly, with two grown children, Luke and Denyse. Retired to my woodlot at Stillwater Lake, NS, on the rainy days I study the life and work of A. Hyatt Verrill 1871-1954.