Monday, 28 July 2014
Ruth Verrill Bibliography
Ruth Verrill was the second wife of A. Hyatt Verrill and a research minded individual. From the library site WorldCat.Org the following records are retrieved:
1. Memorial to Samuel Warren Barrington, William Barrington : their descendants, allied families, and other Barringtons
2. James Blitch (1808-1860), his ancestors and descendants, 1743-1963 : Effingham County, Georgia [and] Marion and Levy County, Florida
3. Register of the Ruth Verrill Archaeology papers.
4. America's Ancient Civilizations.
5. Registration of voters, Levy County, Florida, 1868-1874 and about 1879
6. Marriage records, North Florida (1830-1950) : including early records of Alchua, Marion, Columbia, Dixie, Gilchrist, Taylor, Madison and Levy Counties with some genealogical data
7. Marriage records of Jackson County, Florida : books A and B, 1848-1868
8. Laceyville Cemetery, West Auburn, Tunkhannock, Pennsylvania
9. Background of Levy County, Florida, Snellers
10. Gods Who Were Men.
11. When Gods Were Men. (1950)
12. Scrapbook of research on the Lamphere family of Vermont.
13. Levy County, Florida lists of registered voters and tax-payers
14. Genealogy of the early Irish kings
15. Stained glass memorial window's names
16. Romantic and Historic Levy County
17. Ruth Verrill archaeology papers.
18. Tanner -- Hurst family record.
19. Atsena Otie Island Cemetery, Atsena Otie Island, Florida, cemetery inscriptions.
Her most important work may be Gods Who Were Men, aka. When Gods Were Men. This 'book' may have only survived in 7 copies, created painstakingly by the author. A facimile copy of that book has been created and can be ordered here.
- ► 2016 (74)
- ► 2015 (35)
- ▼ 2014 (55)
- ► 2013 (41)
- ► 2012 (88)
- ► 2011 (104)
- ► 2010 (43)
- ► 2009 (40)
- ► 2008 (48)
- As an armed forces brat, we lived in Rockcliff (Ottawa), Namao (Edmonton), Southport (Portage La Prairie), Manitoba, and Dad retired to St. Margaret's Bay, NS.
Working with the Federal Govenment for 25 years, Canadian Hydrographic Service, mostly. Now married to Gail Kelly, with two grown children, Luke and Denyse. Retired to my woodlot at Stillwater Lake, NS, on the rainy days I study the life and work of A. Hyatt Verrill 1871-1954.